Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Today was......

Today was a good day.

I spent the majority of it behind a desk, with a computer screen glaring back at me off the reflection from the sun, crunching numbers, working with the same two programs as the last 3 years. At least i had my headphones, listening to the long elusive album, Riot Act, the final piece to my Pearl Jam mosaic. Also blared some Abbey Road to lighten the mood. No, this wasn't the good part I was referring to.

We had to drop off Nicole (my wife, be hearing a lot about her) at work, we discussed Conan's late night plight among other domestic chatter, but alas, she had to go to work, leaving me with savannah to take a 30 min. drive home. Again, not the good part.

Being home with my daughter Savannah for quality time, that made my day. We pretended to sleep on the ground with her baby dolls, and fake snore. Then we ate Beef Lo Mein. After that she counted to six numerous times, broadening a smile already wide on my face. Six daddy! yeah, then we clap. 1 Nemo, 1 Cookie Monster, 1 Grover, 2 Babies, and 1 Big Bird, 6. I did a front roll in the living room as i pretended to chase her, she'd never seen me do it, and she got the biggest kick out of it. Now, she's in bed, we only got a little time together, but it was well worth it. Make the most out of it.

I'm beginning this blog to share experiences, keep up with friends the new technological way and to enjoy my awesome new laptop. our free HBO (for 3 months) plays in the background, The Incredible Hulk on the screen, Marvel Films' treatment, not the Ang Lee film, This one has it's problems as well, as the fights later become muddled, but the Norton charm is evident here as always, and Liv Tyler makes a good Betty. Tim Roth can play evil like no other, but not sold on Will Hurt as Thunderbolt Ross. I look at the clock after my random musing and it's almost time to go pick up Nicole, we're always on the run, picking up and dropping off, but we make those sacrifices so one of us is always home with savannah, andit's been tough, but I think it's been beneficial for her and us as well.

okay so the wheels keep turning and i'll enevitably be back for more words.

No comments:

Post a Comment